Skip links


Contact Us Today!
faq questions


No, a doctor’s referral is not needed for private S-LP services. However, occasionally insurance companies require a doctor’s referral, so check with your insurer if you plan on using insurance to pay for your private SLP services. A doctor’s referral is likely needed for publicly funded services.


Yes. It is often more appropriate to travel to your location in order for therapy to be meaningful and contextually relevant. We travel to your homes, workplace, schools, volunteer sites, cottages etc. We charge 60 cents per km and the same hourly rate that we charge for treatment as that could be time that we spend helping someone in our clinic.

Yes, our clinic is located at 1232 Dufferin and is housed in a completely renovated early 1900’s bank building. It was completely gutted in 2013/2014, an elevator was put in, in addition to: three wheelchair accessible bathrooms, a wheelchair accessible boardroom and 4 accessible treatment rooms including one 16X16 foot play-room with a one way mirror and audio. The space is beautiful, clean, modern and bright. If you would like to see pictures of the clinic space go to:

Yes. Much like doctors or dentists, speech-language pathologists must belong to the College of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists of Ontario (, their regulating body, in order to practice.

The full session fee will be billed for no-shows and for sessions cancelled with less than 24 hours notice.

An administration fee of $25 will be charged for any cheque returned by your bank for any reason, in addition to any interest charges on overdue amounts.

Payment is required directly following the completion of service. You can pay by Visa, debit, e-transfer (, cash or cheque made out to Therapy Spot.

We accept visa, debit, e-transfer, cash, or cheque.

Interest is charged at a rate of 2% per month on all outstanding balances.

Therapy Spot’s billing relationship is with you. If you wish to use health insurance to cover some of our fees, we can provide some general information, but it is your responsibility to determine and monitor your coverage and to seek reimbursement from your insurer.

You may be eligible for a Disability Tax Credit. If so, we can provide you with the information and tax form and sign it for you. It is then up to the Canada Revenue Agency to determine your eligibility. Fees for speech-language pathology services may be claimed as a Medical Expense on your taxes. For a complete list of eligible medical expenses, go to There are quite a few deductions you may not be aware of.

No. OHIP has never paid for speech-language pathology. Check with your insurance provider, because you may be covered for speech pathology through work, or through your car insurance if you’ve had a car accident.

Rates vary depending on length of session, location, and/or requested/necessary documentation . Please contact our office to discuss rates or read our handbooks.

We didn’t answer all your questions? Not to worry…

We are open 7 days per week and work evenings and weekends.
Our clinic hours are from 8am to 8pm.

Call Now: 416 546 3044
This website uses cookies to improve your web experience.