Voice & Singing
- At Therapy Spot, we have developed a vocal program for each area of voice: Vocal Disorders, Transgender Voice and Professional Singers.
- We understand the psychological impact voice difficulties can have on your life and are invested in achieving progress.
- Vocal nodules/polyps,
- Vocal fold paralysis,
- Paradoxical vocal fold movement,
- Spasmodic dysphonia, and
- Parkinsons Disease
- Lee Silverman (LSVT),
- Lessac Madsen,
- Resonant Voice,
- Vocal Function Exercises,
- Boone Program,
- Oral Resonance Therapy,
- Voice Pitch Therapy, and
- Vocal massage
We are trained in and use the following Treatment Techniques:
- pitch, resonance, articulation, intonation, language, breath, prosody, rate of speech, nonverbal communication and your social and occupational voice use.
- use of tag questions and identifiers.
- nonverbal communication (i.e. posture and positioning, use of gesture, turn taking, eye contact and facial expression, coughing, sneezing, laughing).
We understand the importance of voice and the kind of voice quality that you would like in your life.
We focus on understanding and teaching communication differences in gender such as:
- We use acoustic measurement to get a baseline of health and range of voice.
- We use Biofeedback to analyze voice in real time and modify for technique.
- We teach vocal registers (e.g., belting and falsetto).
- We Expand range of chest (modal) voice.
- We Increase stamina of voice for performance and recording.
- We teach and expand breath support and focus on vocal hygiene and daily warm up regiment.
- We teach many genres of music (e.g., twang, belting, falsetto mix).
- We ensure all programming is specific to your song choice and singing goals (e.g., live performance, musical theatre, recording).
- We use laryngeal massage and palpation, Seth Riggs and Speech Mode Singing as treatment techniques.
At Therapy Spot we assess with the eyes of a professional Speech Therapist and professional singer.