& Accent Reduction
- Our Corporate Communication & Accent Reduction programs include research evidence from three different professional industries including: Business, Psychology and Speech Therapy.
- We target speech goals: how to project your voice, change your rate or clarity of your speech and/or have good eye contact.
- We target corporate communication: active listening skills, the timing of reactions, solutions to problems and/or non verbal communication.
How Are Services Offered
at Therapy Spot?
Before we can begin treatment, we need to complete an assessment to answer the following questions:
- What are your communication needs in the context of your daily life?
- What are your communication needs that may affect your ability to be successful in your life (i.e, work, school, family interactions, community involvement)?
- What would you like to achieve in these settings (work, school, community etc)?
Assessments at The Therapy Spot:
- Interview of the individual, their family, or important communication partners
- Review of case history (pre-injury status, academic, employment status, medical & rehabilitation history, etc.)
- Comprehensive assessment of
- Communication (listening, speaking, reading, written expression, discourse, conversational interaction, social communication)
- Cognitive skills required for communication (attention, memory, organization, reasoning, problem solving, executive functions, self-regulation)
- Consideration of potential contributing factors (fatigue, sleep disturbance, visual disturbance, stress, hearing, pain, mental illness etc.)
- We do on-site hearing tests for understanding speech and language
- Selection, administration, and interpretation of standardized tests
- Functional evaluation of school, work, family, or community communications (current status and communication demands)
- Consultation with other professionals or review of their reports as indicated
- Preparation of a comprehensive report
- Collaboration with client in the preparation of Goal Attainment Scale meaningful Goals
Analysis of Results and Development of Treatment Plan
An individualized 12-week (most often) plan is developed for you. The plan takes into consideration:
- Your assessment results,
- Your current needs,
- Goals you want to achieve
- Task analysis of each goal in order to break it down into sub-steps that can be achieved over a 12 week period.
Decision on where Treatment will take place:
- Your home
- Your work-place
- Your school
- Our clinic
- Treatment would focus on your corporate speaking or accent reduction needs.
- All Treatment would be team based and collaborative. You will never feel tested.
- Goals will be broken down into achievable steps and each therapeutic session will target one of those sub-steps to allow for continued progress.
- You will be able to see the progress each week
- Further evaluation of progress will occur at 6 week and the 12 week mark.